Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Coral Madness Project # 3

There will be several Coral Madness Projects coming this week. I'm really pushing to get some of these things done. I would like to finally finish the guest bedroom and move on to the living room.

I've actually had this project done for a long time, I just haven't shared it yet. I bought some bookshelves that were made out of old wooden crates from a friend's garage sale. They had been painted white at some point, but the paint was yellowed and dingy. Before:



Yucky! I spray painted the outside with Heirloom White, but the insides of these babies got color.





I'm not completely satisfied with the styling of these yet, but I've got a good start. I do need these to function as actual bookshelves as well as be cute (I have an addiction to paperbacks that must be stored somewhere). Most of the items I already had with the exception of the two chevron baskets, which I bought at Dollar General for $10.00.

See my other Guest Room Projects Here:
Coral Madness Project #1
Coral Madness Project #2

See my Inspiration Board.

Don't Settle for dull, live a refinished life!

*Planning to share at: Metamorphosis Monday Made by You MondayTime To Sparkle Tuesday Linky Party;  Whatever Goes WednesdayWildly Original Linky PartyClever Chicks Blog HopSerenity Now Weekend Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. I love this tower of crates! I may do that for my craft storage. Great idea!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! In this case I was planning on building something like this, but got lucky enough to find them built already for me.

      Delete