Friday, October 11, 2013

Coral Madness Project # 1

I've been working on several projects for the guest bedroom. One of those projects is recovering a $5 chair I got at the thrift store. Here's a sort of before (I got excited and started painting!):


Obviously, I spray painted the arms and legs grey. Then I dry brushed white paint over all the wood:


I love this look! Then it was time to reupholster the chair. I decided it needed some extra cushioning on the seat:

Then I got out my staple gun and fabric and went to town. Here's the finished result:



The back piece is tacked on with upholstery nails.


Here's what the arms look like up close:


I love the result. You can see in the background of some of this pictures that I am working on the guest room. I have curtains up and book shelves in. I will be sharing more pieces of the room soon. I've barely put a dent in the fabric I ordered for this project. I am considering making a floor poof out of the leftovers.

I can't wait to share the rest of my guest room makeover!

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

*Planning to share at:
Metamorphasis Monday; Give Me the Goods Monday; Time To Sparkle Tuesday Linky Party; Trash to Treasure; The Power of Paint Party; Wildly Original Linky Party; Transformation Thursday; What have you redone?; Shabbilicious Friday; Start at Home Paint Party; Funky Junk Interiors' Party Junk; Clever Chicks Blog Hop; Serenity Now Weekend Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment