Thursday, July 3, 2014

Jewelry Organization

Whew! Summer has flown by so far with not enough hours in the day. I've gotten a few projects done that I just haven't been able to share. Better late than never I guess!

I recently decided to get rid of the large jewelry armoire that I had in our bedroom and put as much of the jewelry on the wall as possible. I made two pieces to help accomplish this.


The first was a wooden drying rack that I just lightly spray painted sunshine yellow by Rustoleum. I wanted the wood to show through a little and luckily, it worked out perfectly.


I've hung all my necklaces on this and it works great. It's a lot easier to see what I have instead of digging in a drawer.

Then I took an empty frame and spray painted it brilliant blue by Rustoleum. Next I used a staple gun to attach chicken wire to the back.





I use this to hang all my earrings. I haven't figured out how I'm going to store stud earrings yet, but luckily I don't have that many of those. 

This new jewelry method had freed up so much space in the bedroom! That jewelry armoire was seriously the size of a narrow desk, so it's nice to get that out of our relatively small room! What about you? Have you come up with some creative way to store and/or display your jewelry?

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete