Monday, July 14, 2014

Coral Madness Project #2

I'm trying to force myself to finish all the million little bits of my guest bedroom that I started doing a million years ago. One of the things on the list includes two end tables. So, I bring you Coral Madness Project #2 (see Coral Madness #1 here, or other projects for the room here and here.)

The first table is one of those 70's not really wood but not really plastic end tables. I liked this particular one because I hadn't run into one on a pedestal before. Here's the before: 



Here's the after: 


The color in that pic is a little washed out, It's a little darker than that. I think I used Dark Gray gloss from Rustoleum spray paint. Here's a closeup of the side: 


Here's the bottom: 

I'm thinking about doing a coral chevron pattern on the top. Or at the very least painting the medallions on the door with coral. 

Table number 2 was a straight blond end table:


Yes, that before picture was taken in the fall and no, I did not get to this project until spring. I wanted to try putting paper on the top similar to this idea I saw on Pinterest.

Here's how it ended up:



The paper is not quite as distressed as I would like it. When I tried to sand it, the colors started to bleed and I didn't care for that. I'm still pretty pleased with the overall effect.

Here it is in its new home:


I'm loving this room more and more as it comes together!

See my inspiration board for the room.

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

*Planning to share at: Metamorphosis Monday Made by You MondayTime To Sparkle Tuesday Linky Party;  Whatever Goes WednesdayWildly Original Linky PartyClever Chicks Blog HopSerenity Now Weekend Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment