Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wedding Gift Reprised

Remember this post where I took an old print and made a wedding gift? I have two more weddings coming up, so time for more projects!  I bought this print at a thrift store, complete with Kmart sticker still on the back.


I cut letters with my Cricut out of contact paper. This time before I put them on, I sprayed a light coat of clear sealer over the print. Last time I did this project, the print was glossy. This time it was a light paper and I wanted to be sure I could peel the letters off.

I painted the print, peeled off the letters, painted the frame, and put it all back together. Here's the final result:


I love how it turned out this time! Last time, the colors of the print were more subtle, this time they are bright and fun. Perfect for the couple I am planing on giving this to.

I have lots of projects I will be posting in the next week. We are planning on having a big family get together at my house in less than two weeks. I am sprucing up like a mad women before that happens.

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

*Planning to share at:
Metamorphasis MondayTime To Sparkle Tuesday Linky Party; Trash to Treasure; The Power of Paint Party; Wildly Original Linky Party; Transformation Thursday; What have you redone?; Shabbilicious Friday; Start at Home Paint Party; Funky Junk Interiors' Party Junk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment