Friday, July 19, 2013

Rocker Chair Cover

This is one of my "spruce up the house for company in a week" projects. This rocker in my living room had ugly, and I do mean ugly green corduroy on the cushions.

Here's the ugly:


And here's the pretty: (or at least the not so ugly anymore.)


I used a curtain I got at the thrift store for a dollar. The sewing was pretty easy, I just measured the cushions and winged it a little. The back is just a rectangle sewed in half. For the bottom, I traced the shape of the cushion and added a bit for seam allowance. I cut two of those and then a strip to go around the side and sewed it all together.

I wish there was time to do my whole couch this way. *sigh* Stay tuned for other projects throughout next week.

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

No comments:

Post a Comment