Friday, July 26, 2013

Outdoor Bar Cart

I'm still cleaning like a mad woman for the company coming tomorrow. This one is the biggest and most exciting I've been working on for the occasion.

I got a cart on wheels at an auction a long, long time ago that was just waiting for some love. The sides are brass. The top, back and bottom shelf are all press board. I thought the brass would look nice with coral paint, and I was right! I didn't take any in progress pics, but here's the finished project:


I ran out of coral spray paint (only bought one can and that press board sure soaked it up!).So I decided to pair it with a gray stripe on the bottom.

I added a brass wine glass rail I found on Amazon to hold my plastic (outdoor) wine glasses.


I thought the brass ice bucket and glass decanters finish the look quite nicely. I'll have to take a picture of it all decked out this weekend for the party.


I'd almost forgotten I had the coral martini shaker until I was digging for bar accessories. It matches so well!
This project took a little longer than some of the other spruce up ones, but all in all, I think the effect was worth it.

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

*Planning to share at:
Metamorphasis Monday; Give Me the Goods Monday; Time To Sparkle Tuesday Linky Party; Trash to Treasure; The Power of Paint Party; Wildly Original Linky Party; Transformation Thursday; What have you redone?; Shabbilicious Friday; Start at Home Paint Party; Funky Junk Interiors' Party Junk; Clever Chicks Blog Hop

8 comments:

  1. The bar turned out so beautifully...I really love the color and how great that your Martini Mixer was coral too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I might have to start using coral in my house now!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog on the Commona-my house bog and it sure did catch my eye. I love to recycle items and you sure did do a great job you bar on wheels. What a fun project. I would love it if you would link up with us at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/07/clever-chicks-blog-hop-45-with-three.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I will check out your blog hop right away!

      Delete
  3. Love this Idea!! Thank you for LINKING UP!!!

    Brooke
    startathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

    Amber@ Dimples & Pig Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea. What a great idea for the summer. I found you via Shabilicious Blog Hop. Thanks for sharing this.

    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete