Monday, August 13, 2012

Tobacco Cabinet Redo

I'm not sure why this didn't post yesterday, but here it is a day late. I had this little table with a door in my garage forever.  It was given to me by my father-in-law. Here's what it looked like pre-redo:





















I always wondered if this little table had a particular purpose, as the entire inside is lined with copper sheeting. I did a little digging and found out it's actually either a smoking stand, tobacco cabinet or cigar humidor. (I'm not sure which, Internet search returned all three descriptions.) Either way, the final result turned out great! I sanded it, painted it dark grey, distressed it (fancy word for sanding the edges), and stained over it. Here's how it turned out:



I love how the distressing turned out on this piece. Here's a shot of the top:



And for anyone wondering, here's how the inside with the copper looks:



So, what do you think? I think this piece turned out great. I have it in my new office uptown.

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

No comments:

Post a Comment