Thursday, April 18, 2013

Crocheted Fingerless Gloves

I thought I would post a tutorial of sorts on how to make those fingerless mitts I showed you here. I worked a granny square using single crochet for a tighter weave to retain a little more warmth.


I started by making a granny square. Instructions for that are:
  • ch = chain
  • st = stitch
  • sl st = slip stitch
  • sc= single crochet
Chain 6. Join with a slip stich to make a ring.
Chain 2; 2 sc, ch 2, (3 sc, ch 2) 3 times, sl st to join to the 3rd chain stitch from foundation loop.

Ch 2, 2 sc in space, ch 2 to form corner, 3 sc in same space, ch 2, (3 sc in next space, ch 2 to form corner, 3 sc in same space, ch 2) 3 times, sl st to join to the 3rd chain stitch you crocheted at the beginning of the round.

Ch 2, 2 sc in space, ch 2 to form corner, 3 sc in same space, ch 2, (3 sc in next space, ch 2, 3 sc in next space, ch 2 to form corner, 3 sc in same space, ch 2) 3 times, 3 sc in next space, ch 2, sl st to join to the 3rd chain stitch you crocheted at the beginning of the round.

Then you just keep repeating this around until it's big enough to fit around your arm when folded in half:

Knot off your granny square at the desired size. I then decided to add a row of single crochet to the top and bottom of the sqaure to make them look more finished.

Then you can either sew up the sides with yarn and a needle, or join them with the crochet hook (which is what I did) be sure to leave a hole for the thumb. (I marked where my thumb fit best with saftey pins before joining the sides.)

Please let me know if this pattern makes any sense. For those who are familiar with crochet, ignore these instructions! :) All I really did is make a granny square with single crochet until it fit my hand, folded it in half and joined the sides, leaving a hole for the thumb.




Don't settle for dull, live a refinshed life!

*Shared at:


House on the Way

No comments:

Post a Comment