Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fridge Redo

I'm going to preface this post by saying, this is not a project I made myself. This is something my Mom did for her store, Country Road Treasures (info at bottom of post). That being said, I don't have any in progress pictures, but I know how she completed the process.

Mom needed a fridge for storing things at the store (pop, lunches, etc). They had a old Frigidaire from the 60's era. It was originally white, but the door had started rusting and was very stained. Mom also wanted a place to display the different fonts and things she could cut with her Cricut for custom orders. The fridge door was already divided into panels, so Mom just used those to make this:


She taped first spray painted the green color (not sure which colors she used.). When that was dry, she taped off the green part to spray the blue borders. Finally, she cut different words and silhouettes out of vinyl using her Cricut and applied them to the panels. Pretty simple!

I'm not sure if you would want to do this to a newer fridge in your house, particularly one that gets a lot of use. But who says that garage fridge has to stay ugly? I would be interested to see if anyone could transform a golden harvest colored fridge!

If you are interested in mom's store and live in South Dakota or Minnesota near the border (Big Stone City, SD) sent me an email (ehinders[at]gmail.com) and I can give you directions.

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love this project! What a great idea to use the frig for many purposes and for advertising!

    ReplyDelete