Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rake Wine Glass Holder

I've been seeing this everywhere on Pinterest and in the blogosphere. Taking this:


and making it into this:



Here's a few tips for making your own. First, figure out how you're going to hang it. My rake head was pretty bent, so if I wanted to put the nail in the middle of the handle on top, I had to bend it. Remember that this will get pretty heavy with glasses on it, so either make sure you hit a stud, or put an anchor in the wall. I actually ended up putting three nails in, two in studs on either end and one in the middle. Before you put glasses on it, it's best to seal it in some way. You could either spray paint it a fun color, or leave it rusty (like I did) and just spray it with a matte clear spray paint.

Now you have a fun, fairly inexpensive way to display your wine glasses. You can make a bar anywhere in your house, just by hanging one of these on the wall above a buffet, countertop or table.


I had the perfect spot for it in my kitchen. I had this music cabinet in this weird corner already and it seemed like the perfect spot for a wine bar.

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

Sharing at:
Visit thecsiproject.com

Fabulously Creative Friday: Jennifer Rizzo

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I shared it on my FB page. Thanks for linking up to The CSI Project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete