Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Art Deco Dresser- Lace Pattern Tutorial

I've actually managed to get a big project done! It's almost a miracle. My husband pointed out this dresser at a garage sale for $5!


For $5 how could I go wrong? The art deco handles alone are amazing! Hubby had to do some repair work to it. It needed a few boards replaced. Then it was my turn to paint it!

I decided it needed it's art deco roots highlighted. So, I painted the whole dresser a light gray color as a base coat.



Then I decided to use a lace and spray paint technique on the drawers. First I draped my lace curtain over the drawer:


Then I sprayed over the drawer with a silver spray paint. I removed the curtain right away to find this:


Beautiful! After spraying the handles to match, the finished product is very nice if I do say so myself!



What a fun project!

Don't settle for dull, live a refinished life!

No comments:

Post a Comment